Should I Talk To A Negligent Driver’s Insurance Company?
If you or one of your loved ones was recently hurt in an accident, you have a lot of things on your mind. You may be focused on obtaining medical care, taking care of your family and other immediate priorities. Unfortunately, you will probably be approached by an employee of the negligent driver’s insurance company who is looking for information about you and your injuries.
Insurance company representatives can be bold in their approach and inappropriate in their methods of obtaining information they can use against you. Insurance companies want to minimize or deny your claim in order to compensate you as lightly as possible, so you need to be careful about what you do when an insurance rep calls you.
Insult, Injury And The Advice You Need
Insurance company employees are known for adding insult to injury when accident victims are going through difficult times. In contrast, the Connecticut personal injury attorneys of Kennedy, Johnson, Schwab & Roberge, L.L.C., are known for strongly protecting the rights of injured people and their families.
In general, the following guidelines apply to situations involving insurance company reps:
- Get the medical help you need. This is most important.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to someone else’s insurance company.
- Do not talk to a negligent driver’s insurance company about your injuries.
- Discuss the accident with your insurance company as the law requires.
- Talk to an attorney about your legal rights, your injuries and the compensation to which you may be entitled.
- Get advice from your attorney about how to cover medical bills.
- In general, it is OK to provide another driver’s insurance company information about damage to your vehicle.
Every accident case is different. Get answers to your specific questions.
Get Answers | The Consultation Is Free
This site is not intended to provide legal advice. If you need legal counsel regarding a car accident, talk to an experienced lawyer. Contact us for assistance.
- Car Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Fatal Vehicle Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Distracted Drivers
- Intersection Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Hit & Run Accidents
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONS
Call us at 866-689-1248 or fill out the form below for a 100% confidential, free consultation.