Robert L. Schwab was born and raised in New Haven. He attended Choate Rosemary Hall and graduated from Amherst College in 1982. He received his law degree from the Quinnipiac College of law in 1990.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Schwab worked for Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford, Connecticut as a purchasing representative and in their Long Beach, California, West Coast Field Office as a subcontract administrator. Before joining the law firm of Kennedy, Johnson, Schwab & Roberge, Mr. Schwab was a trial attorney for the staff counsel's office of the Allstate Insurance Company.
Mr. Schwab's practice includes the representation of injured persons in auto accidents, premises liability and product liability cases, as well as other civil disputes. In addition to personal injury law, he represents injured workers in all workers' compensation districts in the State of Connecticut. Although the primary focus of his practice involves personal injury litigation, Mr. Schwab also handles criminal defense matters in state court.
Since 2007, Mr. Schwab has been selected by his peers in the Connecticut Magazine Super Lawyers publication in the area of personal injury litigation.
Mr. Schwab participates in the New Haven County Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association. He is on the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and he is also a member of the American Board of Trials Advocates (ABOTA).
He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in the State of Connecticut and he is also admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury 75%
- Workers' Compensation 20%
- Criminal Law 5%
- Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- Amherst College
- The Choate School
Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Magazine Super Lawyers, 2007-Present
- Board of Governors - Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA), 2016-Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member, 2017 to Present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1996 to Present
- Connecticut Bar Association (CBA), Member, 1990 to Present
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member, 1996 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Sikorsky Aircraft, Stratford, Connecticut, Purchasing Representative
- Allstate Insurance Company, Trial Attorney
- Sikorsky Aircraft, Long Beach, California West Coast Field Office, Subcontract Administrator
Current Employment Position
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATIONS
Call us at 866-689-1248 or fill out the form below for a 100% confidential, free consultation.